Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Favorite Book

Since we nothing to talk about for a while, I thought I could talk about one of my favorite books. This book is called Hawksong and the book is about love. I read this book in eight grade and still read it when I don’t have any other books to read. The book’s genre is fantasy/romance, and this book brought a new whole perspective to how good a book is. I had fallen in love with this once I have finished it and it made me want to read more. And there was a beginning to a new journey inside a new realm of imagination. If you don’t get it, it means that this book had made want to read more book like this and the fact that I have fallen in love with the book. Then I started to read more advance stories such as a book that has more difficult vocabulary words to improve my knowledge.

Okay, back to the subject. To make a long story short I’ll try to explain it so that it’ll be easy to read and understand.

The story begins with a war that has continued for many years. There is a girl named Danica who is about 18 years old and is also the princess of her country, the bird people, they have two forms that they can turn in to. And she wants to stop the war with the snake people because she had lost so many people, including her sister and brother, which she doesn’t even know how the war began in the first place. Then one of the snake princess comes to her kingdom and tries to tell her that they also search for peace and in order to take peace in hand they need to settle their problems in another land (place). So that each race will feel safe and don’t have to watch their back all the time when they are in the bird/snake land. So they attend the meeting with the help of another race the tiger people. And they try to settle it there.

But the snake kingdom has another prince, Zane, who is about 19 years old and is also there to make peace with the other race. So then they ask the tiger people for help and for advice to stop the war because he also lost so many loved ones. When the tiger people got an idea it was for Zane to marry Danica and to unite the two countries.

Well since I’m taking too long you should read the book because I recommend it and it really is a good book. It has so many conflicts with the two countries that you think it will never end and when you finish you’ll want to read more. Her other books that are a continuation to this good but not good enough to were you’ll want to read it again like this book will make you. Well my advice to you if you finish reading this book is to not read her other books. I personally think the latest book is bad. Her other books, not the continuation, to this book is good though.

Here is
Amelia Atwater-Rhodes' website if your interested in finding what her other books are. Sorry for taking so long. Bye. And do read the book. Bye, bye.

No comments: