Friday, May 11, 2007

The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp


Okay, so the picture is a little blurry, but anyways this is the book I"m currently reading. My friend loaned it to me and I thought it was going to be a bore, but I'm already caught up in it. This kid, Alfred Kropp, has had really bad luck and he's intelligent, but his logic is really different from anyone elses so some people think he's stupid. He's reclusive and honorable and can usually figure out a situation pretty fast.
Main character aside, the plot is amazing. Alfred is sucked into a money-making plot by his uncle. The only catch is that they have to steal a sword from this guy. It turns out to be Excalibur and the guy they stole it for is the bad guy.
Alfred comes to find out that there is still an order of knights, direct descendents from the original Knights of the Round Table. Except now, the knights drive hot cars and fight thugs on motercycles.
It's funny and adventurous and I love it. Definitely think about reading this one if you like adventure books and if you've always believed that King Arthur really did exist.

No comments: