Friday, May 11, 2007

The Family Fight Scene

My reaction to the family fight scene is that Lord Capulet is being way too mean to Juliet. Just because she doesn't want to marry Paris, I mean, COME ON! I know it was the father's choice back then, but she is way to young to marry. If Lord Capulet wanted her to be married, he wouldn't have tried to prevent it in the first place. My mom tried to tell me who to date, and boy oh boy did she get it back. I don't care about the way they are, but the words her father says are vile, even for Shakespeare.

1 comment:

A_Band_Geek said...

I know. He's being a hypocrite! He wants her to get married, but he doesn't want her to get married to Romeo. Wouldn't he just want his baby girl to be happy? Even if they used girls back then for fame and power and wealth for marriage?
My Mom tells me to date some one, and some how in some way, I go out with the guy! She's done that mystical future thing and it CREEPS ME OUT.