Friday, May 11, 2007

My Book

I have not been blogging about what I have been reading. I completely forgot that we were blogging about what we are reading for points.

So I have read The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks and Thorn in My Heart by Liz Curtis Higgs.

The Notebook is pretty much exactly like the movie except that there is more detail in the book than in the movie. The book doesn't go into great detail about how they grew up and the Summer they fell in love, which was my favorite part of the movie, but it does go into a lot detail for when Allie comes back to Noah when she sees his picture in the paper with the house. Something else that I wish the book would have gone into greater detail for was how Allie and Lon met. The movie shows how Allie and Lon met and everything, but the book doesn't really say anything about how they met, just that it was during the war and then they got engaged. Over all though I think I liked the book more than the movie, a little bit anyways. At the end of the book there is the first chapter of the sequel to The Notebook, called The Wedding. I haven't read that yet but I am going to and then I will be reading Thorn in My Heart.

Thorn in My Heart is about two sisters who love the same guy and one sister is willing to give up the man who she has been looking for all her life just to make sure that her sister is happy. I can't wait to read it, because I have already read one of the fourth book of this series by mistake and it ended up to be probably one of my favorite books.

No comments: