Monday, May 7, 2007

Remember

Remember

The commotion around us grabs my attention
The fireplace beside me warms up by the minute
Revealed presents are everywhere your eyes take you
Holiday music fills the surrounding ears
The darkness of the night leaks into every room
Constant flashes, capturing every moment
It feels like you could taste the excitement
Not a vacant chair in sight
An itchy wool sweater rubs against my soft face
All of our bodies becoming one bubble of warmth and joy
The chair beneath me is the lap of my Grandma
My grandpa’s smell of stale coffee fills my nostrils at a sudden
The night never ceases to keep me happy
Christmas Eve


If you didn't get to read my poem in class, welp there it is:)

I hope you enjoyed it, comment me about it if you feel the need!

1 comment:

theBEST_bj said...

dish is vurrry good:]