Wednesday, May 23, 2007

anorexia


has anyone noticed how much the media tells girls to be skinny? I don't understand why celebrities knowing that young girls look up to them think its alright to look the way they do. What do you think the girls in these pictures are thinking?When i look at magazines i hate seeing how beautiful all the girls are, but i think that's normal. The only difference in me than some girls is that i would never starve myself to look like that... i hope that some day everyone will be happy with their appearance
anorexia-an eating disorder where people starve themselves. Anorexia usually begins in young people around the onset of puberty. Individuals suffering from anorexia have extreme weight loss. Weight loss is usually 15% below the person's normal body weight. People suffering from anorexia are very skinny but are convinced that they are overweight. Weight loss is obtained by many ways. Some of the common techniques used are excessive exercise, intake of laxatives and not eating. People that are anorexic have a fear of being fat.

7 comments:

Technolover said...

Ahhh! Scary skeleton people!

glamorousnpink said...

i think you are exactly right everybody thinks that skinny is the in thing when really its not. This world is confusing because everybody is saying that everyone is obese and that that is getting more common but at the same time clothing companies are making smaller clothes etc.etc. Also there are alot of girls that are hextra skinny♥

m1012 said...

WoW! That is really gross! I hate how everyone thinks that you have to be a size 0 or something like that to look pretty or to be popular and get a lot of attention. I know that if I was like the girls in those pictures I would not be as successful as I am. I have to eat to get enough energy and everything to play my sport! I personally think that the girls in those pictures are not attractive at all!!!!

student1127 said...

i know i couldnt not eat either i hate it when i skip one meal skipping all would be horrible. and also the whole obese skinny thing is so stupid it sucks.

kdizzle16 said...

I don't think that super skinny people (because of anorexia) are attractive in any way. Especially guys, but some are just naturally tiny. The girls in magazines like Seventeen and Cosmogirl look like normal girls, whicn is why I subscribe to them. I just don't understand why being skinny is what is considered "beautiful" to some designers. I was watching a re-run of America's Next Top Model, and Cassie became anorexic because one of the four designers that they had to go audition for, or whatever it's called, said that her butt and thighs were too big because he likes them at 35 inches, but she was 39 inches or something. That's really dumb.

theBEST_bj said...

I hate how the magazines, TV, models, and media in general has made such skinny-ness look attractive. Actually the truth is, NO ONE thinks people that skinny are attractive. It's gross. I can understand whenever people want to be skinny, but not THAT skinny. There is nothing to do about it though. Everyone is a victim, including myself, to want to be the perfect person (which is skinny) until the media decides to stop modeling this skeletions or WE decide to stop caring. I doubt either of those will happen.

student1127 said...

yeah i like those magazines too, but designers are just mean people (Some of them) they think they can tell who ever they want that their ugly, its not right =/