Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Mob Prince and FBI princess


Think that's a weird match? Well, its the couple in the book I just finished. Son of the Mob. Okay, granted it was a stupid book (don't read it) but I thought it was interesting how the story was sort of like Romeo and Juliet. (On a sidebar, who's glad we finally finished that?) Anyway, the main character, Vince Luca, is the son of this kingpin of the mob in New York City. He falls in love with Kendra Bightly, the daughter of the FBI agent who's sole ambition in life is to get Vince's dad put away for life. That's basically the plot of the whole story, but as I said before, I'm only blogging about it because it ties to Romeo and Juliet. There's even a counterpart to Mercutio. Except in Son of the Mob his name is Alex Tarkanian and he's nowhere near as funny. He's just pathetic and annoying. Vince isn't too bright, Kendra is annoyingly shallow, and the so-called "surprising twists" in the plot, weren't so surprising. You could see them coming a mile away. Anyway, stupid book, but I followed it through to the end, so I guess I'm stupid. ^-^ Rock out, kids.

No comments: