Thursday, May 3, 2007

False Memory

I liked the last book that I read by Dean Koontz, so I looked for another one by him. This book is about a woman named Martie who starts developing autophobia, or fear of one's self. She has to take her best friend of 18 years to therapy twice a week because Susan (bff) has a fear of open spaces. Martie's condition becomes so bad that she is even afraid of her own shadow and afraid to look in the mirror.

Martie's husband, Dusty, is trying to figure out why she has such strange behavior and how it came about, but he develops some sort of disorder too (I'm not for sure on that part cuz I haven't gotten that far yet).

Autophobia is derived from two Greek words "autos" (self) and "phobos" (fear) = literally, fear of one's self. It includes fear of being conceited, fear of being alone, and the rarest is fear of one's self.

WHAT ARE YOUR FEARS???

No comments: