Friday, April 27, 2007

What Would You Do

I was thinking about that balcony scene in Romeo and Juliet. Its funny how Romeo is so in love with Juliet that he won't leave the Capulets land even though he could get in a lot of trouble if he was caught.

I also was thinking of Juliet talking about Romeo and how he just happened to hear by wondering around the land. I don't know if I believe in love at first sight, but Romeo and Juliet prove that it could happen. Does anyone believe in love at first sight in this day and age?

You know how when Romeo heard Juliet talking about him, he didn't let her know he was there for a long time. He waited until he heard probably all of what of he wanted to hear and was probably making sure that she felt the same way about him that he did for her.

I think we are still a lot like that. If we hear someone talking about us we wait and see what it is, if it is good or bad. We defiantly don't talk like that, but we are still curious to hear what others have to say about us.

I thought this scene also brought some suspicion, especially when the nurse kept calling for Juliet. I remember Juliet telling Romeo that she had to whisper because her nurse was calling for her. At that time kept waiting for the nurse to come out on the balcony and see what was taking Juliet so long to answer her. Though I think Juliet went to the nurse a couple of times, but Romeo kept talking to her so she would come back. I know that if I was the nurse that would make me very suspicious.

No comments: