Friday, March 23, 2007

Peek-a-Boo!


I finished Mockingbird on Monday, so I've been resisting to post until today. :)
I didn't understand why it wasn't brought up a whole lot that Boo saved Jem and Scout. It was mentioned, but when Atticus, Heck, Boo, and Scout were all on the porch, Boo just sat there and then went home. I realize that he's not a very social/talkative person, but still.
I liked the book, but I thought it would have ended differently and more dramatically. It was a good ending, but not what I expected.

2 comments:

Beefy Manwich said...

It wasn't realy brought up because in order to save scout an jem he had to kill Bob Ewell, and since most people think that Boo is a bad man, he would probably be convicted of murder and sentenced to death. they didn't want the savior of scout and jem to have to die for his good deed, so they just kept it quiet.

that is also why they say turning him in would be like killing a mockingbird, because it would be punishing someone for doing a good dead, even though it was technically "illegal"

Technolover said...

Oh my gosh! That picture is hilarious! And I agree totally with everything beefy manwich said.