Tuesday, March 20, 2007

BOB AND ATTICUS


To Kill A Mockingbird has been getting a lot better in the last few chapters. I hated the fact that Tom Robinson didn’t win the court case, but I pretty much knew that there was no way that he would win due to the time period. I think that the evidence from the case shows that Tom was innocent, but the jury was stuck on the fact that Tom is Negro, that they couldn’t even let justice play its role. I think it is funny how Bob Ewell had to spit in Atticus’s face to make himself feel good. I love the fact that all Atticus has to say about Bob spitting in his face is, “I wish Bob Ewell wouldn’t chew tobacco.” I think that Atticus was very smart in how he acted after Bob spat in his face. I think that him acting so calm angered Bob even more than if Atticus would have fought back. Do you guys think that too...or am I the only one?

2 comments:

Katiedogg said...

I'm pretty laid back, but I must say that Atticus is incredible. He must have unbelievable self-control. Spitting tobacco right in his face! Even I am learning not to lick everybody!

Micaela said...

Ha Ha ... what you said was funny. I know that I DON'T have that much self-control. I admire Atticus's self-control.