Thursday, March 15, 2007

are you skilled socially?


Today in class we talked about social skills. I think having social skills is a very important thing to have throughout your life. If you don't pay attention to the person you're talking with, then that person feels unwanted and not important in the conversation. A few social skills that you should have when speaking to someone are:
1. eye contact
2. don't pop your gum, if you're chewing any
3. let them know that you're actually listening to them, by nodding and asking questions when necessary.
4. don't fumble around with your belongings
Even though there's many other skills that you should practice when in a conversation, i think those four are the most important in my opinion. Well, I think that's all I have to say for today, and I hope everyone had a great day and has a good evening:]!

No comments: