Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Don't kill a Mockingbird

What I have read in chapter ten in “To Kill a Mockingbird” about the part to not kill a mockingbird whenever hunting, gave me a better understanding of why the book is called “To Kill a Mockingbird.” When Atticus told Jem to never shoot a mockingbird bird be because it makes beautiful music got me to the conclusion of why he said that. I think he said that because a mockingbird is kind of like a lawyer who mocks at things (people) for a purpose. I am not sure about my conclusion but this is my best guess. That when he was referring to not shooting the mockingbird, I thought of how Atticus “mocks” people about the right things. Making the world appreciate Atticus a little more. This is why I think the book is called the way it is.

No comments: