Friday, March 16, 2007

TGIF

Thank gosh it's Friday! This whole week has felt like Friday, except today :P Weird, I know.

I really like To Kill A Mockingbird. I think it's a really good book so far. Things are starting to pick up now, and I can't wait to read about the trail. I think it's going to really bring me 'into' the story some more.

I'm glad that Dill came back! He's my favorite character right now. I think that when he comes to Maycomb, he seems to liven everything up, especially with Boo. I don't think that Scout and Jem would have done half the stuff they did concerning Boo, had Dill not been there. Anyone agree?

Aunt Alexandra is flat out mean, and I don't like her at all. I think she's too hard on Scout. It also bothers me that she came into the house because Scout needed a 'mother figure'. It's just rude of her to show up and expect to stay, and expect respect from someone (Scout) who doesn't want her there anyway. Scout seemed to be doing just fine with Calpurnia. And if it were me, I would rather have Calpurnia be my mother figure. She seems to genuinely care about the kids.

Share your thoughs :]

3 comments:

MyFallOutRomance said...

yah. i don't really like aunt alexandra at all. she's a big fat meanie head. haha.

but yah. it has felt like friday. last night, i thought it was friday, then my brother woke me up this morning and i literally started screaming, "NOOOOOOO!!!!"

Colten said...

I don't really like Aunt Alexandra either. She puts a lot into family and tradition, and doesn't realize people don't have to be exactly like their ancestors. She tells Atticus he needs to tell the children that they are Finches, not run-of- the-mill people. It's good to know about your family's history, but just because one family has a "lying streak" doesn't that there son will tell lies too.

omgzitsjenkins said...

yeah.

it seems that the way she's trying to bring up the kids, is way too hard for Jem and Scout.

she just needs to relaxe.
..or get punched in the face.
either one will do :P