Friday, March 9, 2007

Birdy, Birdy, Birdy

I've read through Ch. 4 so far, so the characters are still being introduced and stuff. I like the book so far because I like learning about the history of the South, especially since I was born in Alabama. I don't understand why Scout and Jem call Atticus by his name, and I also don't understand why Scout is starting school in first grade instead of preschool or kindergarten. I'm kind of intrigued by the Radleys, and I wonder what their big secret is - there has to be one or everyone wouldn't be so afraid. I feel kind of bad for Miss Caroline because of her hard time during the first week of school, but she seems a little too "by the book" and uptight. Hopefully Boo Radley will come out soon, because this has been postponed for four chapters so far, and it's time we find out what he's all about.

No comments: