Thursday, March 8, 2007

Grace In Thine Eyes

I have been reading this book called, Grace In Thine Eyes. I loved it since I started reading it, but it has recently gotten really interesting, making me want to keep reading it to find out what will happen next.

So let me catch you up a little. This named Davina, I think that is a really cool and unique name, well anyways, had an when she was a little and became mute. She is a wonderful fiddler, and her dad says that she plays like she used to talk. She had been playing the fiddle ever since she was a little , and her grandpa taught her before he died. She has three brothers, two of them are twins and are younger than she is, and the other is older than her and is "courting" this other . (This book takes place in the 1800's and around Ireland). So, Davina's brother get sent off to the best college around, and the boys are mad, because they do not tust anyone else to take care of their sister and not being able to look after her. They actually get into fights with people who tease her about being mute and try to get her to talk. I think they sound like some really good brothers. So, when her brothers go off to college, her dad gets the idea that she should go to spend the summer with her cousins in Arran.

When she gets to Arran, some very unexpected event happen. I do not want to give them away because it is all part of the suspense, but lets just say a very smooth guy who can get just about any to do what he wants, and a very beautiful who can not speak nor is strong enough to defend herself meet one night at this dinner party for "His Grace", some things happen that lead to another and another. I am going to be finishing this book this week, and I can not wait to find out what happens.

If you like stories with alot of drama, then this would be a good book.

No comments: