Monday, March 5, 2007

If I should die before I wake.



This is a book I just started reading today in class. I read like one or two a week, and this book seems really interesting so I should be finished with it soon. It's called "If I should die before I wake", and was written by Han Nolan. I'm only on page 56 but I think I'll really like it. Also, since like 5th grade my favorite kind of book to read are the ones about the Holocaust. So far it's about a girl named Hilary who is basically one of the biggest neo-Nazis you'll ever meet. So is her boyfriend, Brad. She's developed this HUGE hate for Jewish people because when she was 5 her dad was killed. His boss was Jewish and made some people mad, so they blew up his building causing her dad to get killed. I'm not sure what time era this is in, but it's seem to be pretty recent. Hilary, her boyfriend, and their little 'clan' of neo-nazis even kidnapped a little Jewish boy and put him in a locker at school. The sad part is, is that it's over springbreak so NO ONE can find him. So far in the book he has been missing for five days and it's in the newspaper & everything. ANYWAY! Hilary is on her way home from a neo-Nazi group meeting where they initiated another girl into their group, (Which by the way was a weird ceremony. They basically just made her promise to torture and make-fun of all Jewish people & then cut their hands open) and she gets into an accident! She was on the back of her boyfriends motorcycle and they got in a wreck on their way home. She wakes up in an all-Jewish hospital without her boyfriend. He walked out of the wreck just fine. She can't see anything, but she can hear her mom reading verses from the Bible. Then, she starts spinning and having these dreams. But they aren't REALLY dreams. They are real. She is re-living the life of a girl named Chana. Chana was Jewish and lived in Poland during WW2. Her father was shot by some Germans for no reason. Her brothers best friend was shot for no reason. All their old friends now hate them, all because they are Jewish. AHEM! That is all that has happened so far, but it is a good book & I'm excited to see how it goes:].

NIGHT!

2 comments:

Laura Stevens said...

wooww! that sounds like an amazing book!!
you seem to flash right through most books though! I wonder... how long do you think this one will take you?!?

A_Band_Geek said...

Sounds like a very interesting book! I'm going to read that one after I'm done with the HP series! =] Have you read Hitler's 'Mein Kompf?' I believe that's spelled right, but it's his blueprints for WWII that he wrote when he was in prison. If you enjoy 'If I should die before I wake', then you may like his! It's really boring, but there are cool parts!