Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Hooked!!!

I don't know about the rest of you but i am really excited to read To Kill a Monckingbird! I have heard from a lot of my friends that it is a really good book. My brother who does not really read a whole lot also told me it is a good book. Well today Ms. James started reading the first chapter and just listening to her read made me want to keep reading it. Though, I did get a little confused on some parts. These questions will probably sound really stupid, but i had no idea what the book was talking about.

For example on page 6

When the book said, in the fourth paragraph from the top, "He was middle-aged then, she was fifteen years his junior."

I do not know what Harper Lee means by (his junior). There are some other sentences in this first chapter just like this, and i don't know maybe i am not reading it clearly enough, but it really got me confused.

So if anyone knows hows to interpret this, please let me know.

There is also an example at ther bottom of page 7:

".........he was a year my senior.........."

Once again what do they mean by "my senior".

-thanks a lot

1 comment:

Micaela said...

I think that my senior just means older, and "she was fifteen years his junior" means fifteen years younger than him.